Some of our most satisfying work is the most complex, so when we were asked by Robinson Jackson – a 30-strong branch/department estate agency in London and Kent, to re-invent their website, the whole Starberry team were extremely excited (especially since we beat eight others in a pitch situation).
The Robinson Jackson website in its previous incarnation didn’t reflect the company’s powerful High Street presence. It had just 2,000 pages indexed in Google when we started work, and now has over 50,000 – awakening Google and doubling the users in 24 hours. How did we create an overnight success?
Improving Google visibility and user navigation were our priorities. Directing enquiries to the right branches was at the top of Robinson Jackson’s list, as they are a franchise operation. Our six-point plan below has seen web-based enquires increase dramatically.
2) Dynamic telephone numbers that change depending on where you enter the site or from which office you have come from through the site – ensuring that telephone enquiries are received by the correct office.
3) Tracked and accredited enquires for valuation requests, mortgage advice, legal services etc – dynamic form tracking ensures each request is attributed to the correct office – essential if you’re working on a commission basis with third-party service providers.
4) Customisable email notifications with centrally-managed promotional banner messages – ensuring that all automatically generated communication from the website upholds the Robinson Jackson brand and allows for in-house tailoring to meet each branch’s needs.
5) Saved search criteria with realtime email alerts – remembers registered users’ preferences and automatically emails them when new properties meeting their criteria are uploaded to your website.
6) A refine search facility that dynamically changes depending on the chosen criteria – allows users to search the whole database of properties by navigating a totem on the left hand side of the page. They can search by number of bedrooms and bathrooms, type of property, tenure and more.