A gold award-winning website for rental
MyLondonHome, founded in 2002, has grown from strength to strength in recent years. Founder Steven Herd, determined to forge a new, people-focused path in the industry, resolved to strike out on his own and create an estate agency based on providing unparalleled customer service. That included a friendly, helpful website.
The web design brief: To deliver a web design worthy of winning awards
Steven’s initial brief headlined with “Deliver me a gold-winning website” and that’s exactly what Starberry did. MyLondonHome’s estate agent website won the Gold Award for ‘Best Website’ at theSunday Times and The Times Lettings Agency of the Year Awards 2015.
“We are absolutely delighted that the website Starberry designed for us took the top spot in the Best Website category” commented Steven. “It’s an amazing achievement and I am looking forward to pushing our gold award in our marketing as much as possible. During our first brief with Ben and the team, I said I wanted a gold-winning website and that’s exactly what Starberry has delivered.”
How did we create an estate agent website that had the judges fawning?
Our work for MyLondonHome involved a UX-based research phase and a collaborative feedback process using InVisionApp prototyping. It’s only after all the thoughts and ideas were analysed that we began creating a unique web design that represented MyLondonHome’s core values and main areas of expertise.
There is an emphasis on social sharing for more exposure and traffic, a clear definition of audiences, a search facility that allows users to narrow down options in the quickest time possible, streamlined response forms for increased lead generation and deal flow, instant chat on every page and a valuation request model that ensures no leads are overlooked.
Available in six languages, the website caters for MyLondonHome’s global audience, not least with the multi-currency dropdown which updates figures daily so that overseas visitors are fully informed about current exchange rates.
Our build allows us to track customer usage, monitor data and analyse the results. Rankings are also monitored so they can generate a higher level of traffic through a carefully planned SEO strategy. Response Tap allows MyLondonHome to track customer behaviour on the site, so that it is in a better position to meet its targets.
The fully responsive site offers a variety of different search parameters, including a ‘Culture Vulture’ option, which is proving very popular – clients can search for properties that are located close to galleries, theatres and other points of interest.
Key web design features and functionality built into the MyLondonHome estate agent website:
- Advanced property search
- Refine search with predictive keyword free search (by street, area and postcode)
- ‘Quick Search’ by clicking on ‘London borough’
- Ability to view results on a map
- 6 languages option
- Language and currency conversion drop-down menus
- Comprehensive full detail display that includes full width images
- Ability to resize multiple images ‘on the fly through a Content Delivery Network (CDN), which assists with incredible page load speeds, delivery of optimised high quality images and flexibility of presentation, in terms of search results and full details
- Swipeable large image galleries
- Realtime API feed from the bespoke applicant management system which is integrated into Starberry’s Startek search platform and CMS
- Social sharing and instant chat
- Customer behaviour tracker
- Autosave search
- Tools such as Street View, directions, Ofsted rated schools, together with a variety of dynamic ‘points of interest’ including doctors, hospitals, trains, cinemas, gyms, bars, and supermarkets.
- Mortgage calculator
- Real-time cloud based ‘data dashboard’ giving MyLondonHome performance visibility at all times, by period, action type, office, property and user
Advanced property search
Available in six languages
Language and currency conversion drop-down menu’s, easy to access from anywhere in the site.
If you’d like a website you can enter into awards, contact digital agency Starberry today – we can build you an accolade-worthy online identity. We’re also happy to discuss how our key services like Email Marketing and Content Automation and Social Media can help spread awareness of your brand.