Video has been the absolute star of digital marketing in 2018. The statistics are staggering and they will continue to rise in 2019 and beyond. What does that mean for your business?
Let’s find out.
The digital world goes video
According to the Cisco Visual Network Index forecast, 80% of all internet traffic will be video by 2021.
Already almost half of us (45%) watch an hour or more of video per day; that includes an average of 16 minutes of online video ads per month.
A third of people with access to the Internet all over the world are Youtube users, with Youtube reporting mobile video consumption rising more than 100% year over year and 70% of watch time coming from mobile devices.
Be it for entertainment or to research their next purchase, your customers are consuming information in video format, mostly on their smartphone. So, naturally, that’s where your brand should be present.
Video - the digital marketing star
There are many reasons why marketers worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. It’s not only everyone’s favourite way of consuming information and entertainment, but video proves to be a fantastic way to engage potential customers across digital channels and influence purchasing behaviour. Here are just a few stats to support this, for the full list go here.
- 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video
- 7 out of 10 millennials are likely to watch a company video when shopping online
- Websites that use video in their marketing receive 41% more traffic from search than non-users
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion rate by 80%
- 65% of executives will visit a website and 39% will call a vendor after watching a video
- 40% of users take some kind of action after viewing a video ad
- Video in email leads to a 200% increase in click-through-rates
- Video on social media generates 1200% more shares than image and text posts combined
There is no doubt about it: video content should be at the heart of every digital marketing campaign that you run, in order to achieve the best possible performance across digital channels.
Make your business stand out with video content
There is no better way to showcase your brand and unique value proposition than through personalised video content. That’s why we encourage our clients to take part in the process and get in front of the camera as much as they can. For the rest - from strategy, planning and storyboarding, to video editing, music selection and animated visual elements - the Starberry video team has you covered. It couldn’t be easier to get started with video!
Watch this video for a selection of our best work to date.
Do you have any video projects that you would like to discuss?