An award-winning estate agent website
Daniel Cobb was founded twenty years ago by Jenny Cobb. She identified an opportunity for a truly independent family run agency, built on family values of honesty, support and trust. Fast-forward to today and this award-winning Central London agency holds those values closer than ever; guiding the direction, growth and culture of the firm.
The web design brief: The “Apple” of estate agents websites
At our first meeting, director George Cobb set us a challenge; “If Apple and Airbnb were to design an estate agency website what would it look like? ” – No pressure then!
He supplied an excellent detailed brief from the outset and worked closely with our project team. Together we researched requirements, ran internal and external UX, analysed the competitive playing field, defined functionality, costed and planned the complete programme of deliverables.
How did we create an award-winning estate agent website?
From the start we understood our goals and the key success metrics for the users and the business. Core data capture points are presented clearly throughout the site, giving users, the quickest and easiest ways of contacting and instructing Daniel Cobb.
We also developed content architecture, webtrees, keyword strategy and SEO best practises upfront. This facilitated a complete user experience testing of a seemingly finished site on desktops, tablets and mobiles, even before one line of code was developed. The creative work covered the whole range of UX and UI, from the look, feel and tone of voice, to the imagery and functionality.
With a combination of well-written carefully optimised content, powerful imagery and clear actions, Daniel Cobb already boast an incredible increase in monthly users, pageviews and overall leads generated.
STOP PRESS: We’re delighted to say that all the hard work has paid off – Daniel Cobb won the Gold for ‘Best Website’ at the property industry’s most respected awards, The Sunday Times & The Times Estate Agency of the Year Awards 2015. Read all about it here.
Key web design features and functionality present on the Daniel Cobb estate agent website
- Keyword search and refine functions – predictive keyword free search (by street, area and postcode).
- GEO location designed specifically for mobile users on the move.
- Ability to show points of interest around properties including doctors, hospitals, trains, cinemas, gyms, bars and supermarkets.
- Fast search capability from every page presented in a list, grid and map view.
- Polygon and radius search areas designed to help the user get accurate results that match their criteria, as quickly as possible.
- Tools such as Street View, directions and Ofsted rated schools.
- Option to contact a property consultant online.
- Realtime API feed of bespoke applicant management system which has been integrated into Starberry’s Startek search platform and CMS.
- Ability to resize multiple images on the fly through a Content Delivery Network (CDN) which assists with super fast page load speeds, delivery of optimised high quality images and flexibility of presentation, in terms of search results and full details.
- Ability to make enquiries via short and concise Book a Viewing and Enquiry in-page forms, and a localised and personalised Valuation form linking a user’s postcode to the relevant Daniel Cobb office.
- A unique interactive Social Wall which aggregates a wealth of different, regularly populated, social channels, encouraging user engagement and demonstrating Daniel Cobb’s commitment to local news and the community.
- A real-time cloud based Data Dashboard giving Daniel Cobb visibility at all times of performance by period, action type, office, property and user.
Advanced Search Tools
21st Century’d Up
Works well on all different size devices.
Social Network / Share Ready.
If you would like Starberry to build you an award-winning estate agent website, get in touch with us today. We’re happy to talk you through some exciting new ideas and explain how some of our core services like digital marketing and email marketing and content automation can help your business grow.